Beaverton, Banks and Beyond Bicycle Tour 2014
Hosted by NW Bicycle Safety Council and Papa’s Pizza Parlor
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Whether you are a novice or advanced rider on a
road or mountain bike we have a ride option for YOU!
This scenic, moderately challenging 100-mile, 86-mile, 64-mile, and 32-mile bike tour explores beautiful farmlands as you wind through the country roads of North Plains and work your way toward the paved Banks-Vernonia State Trail in Banks, which is rider-friendly to both road and mountain bikes.
Register online before May 25th to save $5!
All rides depart from Papa’s Pizza Parlor, located just north of the THPRD Howard Terpenning Recreation Complex in Beaverton. This is a fully supported ride with rest stops every 10-15 miles.
- 32 miles – Turn around at Roy, right after a relaxing full service rest stop in North Plains. If you have ordered a meal, it awaits you at Papa’s Pizza.
- 64 miles – After leaving Banks rest stop, this metric century turns around at the Hill Top Day Use area and rest stop at Stub Stewart State Park, on the Banks – Vernonia trail. Refuel here before returning to Papa’s Pizza for your special ordered meal.
- 86 miles – After a hearty snack at Hill Top, continue to Anderson Park in the City of Vernonia at the north end of the 21-mile paved Banks – Vernonia trail for more refueling. Then return for your special ordered meal at Papa’s Pizza.
- 100 miles – Explore new areas beyond Vernonia as you proceed toward the finish line back at Papa’s Pizza, where your special ordered meal will be ready for you.
Color route maps will be provided at the start location. Route will be marked with “Dan Henry’s”.
- Day of registration and check-in opens at 7:00 a.m.
- 100- and 86-mile courses open at 7:00 a.m.
- 64-mile course opens at 8:00 a.m.
- 32-mile course opens from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Course closes at 4:00 p.m.
- Helmets required!
- Only $25 when you register online before May 25th, 2014!
After that, online registration returns to $30
- $40 Day-of-Ride Registration
By popular demand, the NWBSC jerseys are back!
Orders placed now through May 28th will ensure your jersey for the 2014 ride day.
These jerseys, supplied by Primal, are available in both men’s and women’s sizes for $60. (sizing chart)
Order now and look awesome for your fall rides!
Proceeds benefit NW Bicycle Safety Council’s educational
outreach program to fit kids, families, and communities
with helmets at no charge.
Thank you for joining us.